Often referred to as the “TED girl”, Muniba is an example of how fighting spirit in a person can take them places!
Read ahead to find out more about her.
When she was 21 years old, Ms. Mazari was left bound to a wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury following a car accident. Nine years ago, while laying in a hospital bed with a broken body, half-paralyzed and barely able to move her hands, Ms. Mazari began to paint in order to distract herself. She says it was painting that kept her alive. Despite the immense pain she has endured because of the accident, she considers her pain “beautiful” since it allows her to connect with others also in pain. Ms. Mazari’s life-changing experience has turned her into an activist, encouraging women and girls that have experienced discrimination or violence to not fear or fight the pain.
It was Ms. Mazari’s motivational speech in November 2014 at a TEDx event organized in Islamabad that propelled her into the public eye. Her speech contained a message of hope, urging people not to give up on life. Her appeal transcends to different generations and represents the voice of women, men, girls and boys across Pakistan on important issues of gender inequality and discrimination.
Ms. Mazari also supports the well-being of under-privileged children and their education. She has spoken out across Pakistan on important issues including gender inequalities and discrimination. She was also named as one of BBC’s 100 Women for 2015.
UN Women appointed Muniba Mazari, 28, as Pakistan’s first National Ambassador during an event in Islamabad to mark the end of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence in December 2015.
Muniba continues her good fight against gender based violence by spreading awareness through her speeches and seminars.
Inspiration, 5 Mins
Greta Thunberg to Give €1 Million Prize Away
Greta Thunberg, who started a worldwide movement to encourage action on the climate crisis, has been given the Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity, valued at €1 million ($1.14 million). Ms. Thunberg says she plans to donate the money.
Scientists find active volcanoes on Venus
New research has discovered 37 active or recently active volcanic structures on Venus, evidence that our hot, toxic neighbour isn’t the dormant planet we thought it was
Your Chance to Get Published
We believe that talent is inherent, all we need are opportunities. Through The School Social E-Magazine, we give our young students, their parents and the teachers an opportunity to showcase their talent, share their stories and engage in thoughtful activities. Our daily issues have brought a lot of talent out of the cave and made hesitant people confident.
We invite entries from all students, teachers and parents to show their creative talent and submit their Write-ups, Stories, Poems, Paintings, Sketches, Doodles, Photography, and all kinds of Creative Arts.
Make the most of this opportunity and showcase your talent to the world outside. Entries are open for the following categories:
1. Art Aficionado: Poems and Creative Arts (Word or PDF format)
2. Fact Fanatics: Facts and other real things (Word or PDF format)
3. Reflections: Stories and Thoughtful Write-Ups (Word or PDF format)
4. Artist's Corner: Drawings, Sketches, Paintings, Doodles, Photography, Art and
Craft (Image format)
5. Talent Treasure: Music, Dance and Drama (Video format)
6. Environment Enthusiasts: All things Eco-friendly
7. Be the Change: How you have contributed to the society?
8. I Care I Share: Parent's Diaries
9. Be Better: For the Positive Perspective
1. The entries should be - original, as no plagiarism is acceptable.
2. Entries can be either in English or Hindi language.
3. Maximum word limit: 300 words.
4. Entries can be submitted individually or together by two people.
5. All entries for Talent Treasure should be of good audio-visual quality.
6. All paintings, sketches, doodles, photographs or other creative arts should be in good
quality JPG, JPEG or PNGf ormat.
7. All written content should be in.doc, .docx or PDFformat.
8. The students and teachers can submit their entries on their own or through their schools.
Entries can be submitted through this button below or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact us at 9711804070 for more details.
July 24, 2020 Credits
1) Lovely Sarkar - email@example.com
2) Ipsita - firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Arko De - email@example.com
4) Tarini - firstname.lastname@example.org