What They Say?
“Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”
― William Faulkner
“No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”
EDITORS - The Story of our Editor too ;)
I’m just dropping by to thank you for making us a part of your day, everyday! We’re glad to bring to you the 50th Issue of the E-magazine. We love to take you on a fun-read drive with something new everyday and hope that you enjoy it too! If we have helped you get-smarter or you have ever liked anything about us - Content, Design or Recommendations, be our ambassadors and tell us about it on our social media handles.
Review, Tag or Comment! Today we are doing a re-post for everything!
And also don’t worry, we’re not gonna show our history today! You get your regular dose of amazing reads that’ll get you smarter for the day.
PS. Feel free to share your views with me at
This Day for You - June 9
The 1st appearance of Donald Duck in a cartoon, "The Wise Little Hen", happened on this day in 1934.
The World Celebrates:
Autonomy Day of Åland - Finland: Åland is an autonomous, demilitarised, Swedish-speaking region of Finland. Åland consists of more than 6,700 islands, but the current population of 28,000 live on only 65 islands. Over 40 per cent of the inhabitants live in the only town, Mariehamn, which is one of Åland’s 16 municipalities. Åland was declared an autonomy on June 9 in 1920. Hence it celebrates its 100th Autonomy Day.
Day of the Murcia and la Rioja Regions - Spain: Day of Autonomy of Regions
Coral Triangle Day - To celebrate and raise awareness of the ocean conservation and protection, especially on the Coral Triangle, the world's epicenter of marine biodiversity.
National Heroes' Day - Uganda
You Share Your Birthday With:
1949 - Kiran Bedi, Indian police officer and activist
1975 - Andrew Symonds, English-Australian cricketer
1963 - Johnny Depp, American actor
1981 - Natalie Portman
1985 - Sonam Kapoor, Indian model and actress
1716 - Banda Singh Bahadur, Indian commander passed away. A Sikh warrior and a commander of Khalsa army, at age 15 he left home to become a Hindu ascetic, and was given the name ‘’Madho Das’’. He established a monastery and was visited by Guru Gobind Singh, who gave him the new name of Banda Bahadur. He struggled against the Mughal Empire and died being tortured by them.
The first ballistic missile-carrying submarine, the USS George Washington, is launched.
2011 - M. F. Husain, Indian painter and director passed away
New Zealand declares itself coronavirus-free
New Zealand has declared itself coronavirus-free as the country has no active cases of COVID-19 for the first time since February 28. It has now been 17 days since the country last recorded a new case of coronavirus. Fewer than 1,500 people were diagnosed with COVID-19 in New Zealand, and 22 people died.
Schools likely to reopen after August 15 if MHA permits: HRD Minister
Union Human Resources Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said that the schools are likely to reopen after August 15 if the situation is conducive. The Minister also said the results of the pending CBSE exams can be expected before August 15.
Your Chance to Get Published
We believe that talent is inherent, all we need are opportunities. Through The School Social E-Magazine, we give our young students, their parents and the teachers an opportunity to showcasetheir talent, share their stories and engage in thoughtful activities. Our daily issues have brought a lot of talent out of the cave and made hesitant people confident.
We invite entries from all students, teachers and parents to show their creative talent and submit their Write-ups, Stories, Poems, Paintings, Sketches, Doodles, Photography, and all kinds of Creative Arts.
Make the most of this opportunity and showcase your talent to the world outside. Entries are open for the following categories:
1. Art Aficionado: Poems and Creative Arts (Word or PDF format)
2. Fact Fanatics: Facts and other real things (Word or PDF format)
3. Reflections: Stories and Thoughtful Write-Ups (Word or PDF format)
4. Artist's Corner: Drawings, Sketches, Paintings, Doodles, Photography, Art and
Craft (Image format)
5. Talent Treasure: Music, Dance and Drama (Video format)
6. Environment Enthusiasts: All things Eco-friendly
7. Be the Change: How you have contributed to the society?
8. I Care I Share: Parent's Diaries
9. Be Better: For the Positive Perspective
1. The entries should be - original, as no plagiarism is acceptable.
2. Entries can be either in English or Hindi language.
3. Maximum word limit:300 words.
4. Entries can be submitted individually or together by two people.
5. All entries for Talent Treasure should be of good audio-visual quality.
6. All paintings, sketches, doodles, photographs or other creative arts should be in good
quality JPG, JPEG or PNGf ormat.
7. All written content should be in.doc, .docx or PDFformat.
8. The students and teachers can submit their entries on their own or through their schools.
Entries can be submitted through this button below or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact us at 9711804070 for more details.
June 9, 2020 Credits
1) Lovely Sarkar - email@example.com
2) Ipsita - firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Arko De - email@example.com
4) Tarini - firstname.lastname@example.org